You know those hops that make your beer so great? Well, they are also great for your skin!
Hops are a type of flower that are usually used in beer production, but they also have a number of natural skincare benefits. Hops provide a good source of antioxidants, which can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. Hops offer anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to soothe and calm the skin, and improve the natural appearance of the skin by reducing wrinkles, sun damage, and dark spots.
Do you suffer from conditions like eczema, psoriasis, or acne prone skin? Hops may be a natural option in aiding these skin conditions.
Here are some benefits of adding hops to your skincare:
- Antioxidants: Hops are a good source of antioxidants, which can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals and reduce the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, and sun damage.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Hops contain anti-inflammatory properties to soothe and calm the skin which can be helpful for people with sensitive skin, or conditions like eczema or psoriasis.
- Improve skin appearance: Hops can help to brighten and even out the tone of the skin by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and age spots.
- Reduce sebum production: Hops can help to reduce the production of sebum (the oil the skin naturally produces); great for people with oily or acne prone skin.
- Improve moisture retention: Hops can increase moisture retention of the skin by helping lock in moisture for hydrated and healthy skin; this can assist with conditions such as dry skin or eczema.
There are a number of ways to incorporate hops into your everyday skincare routine and at Batch Twenty-One we offer a variety of products infused with hops (all of them!). Try adding one of our hop-infused body or face moisturizers, our hop-infused shower gel, or re-grained body soap to your daily routine.
If you are looking for a natural way to improve the health and appearance of your skin, hops are a great option to consider!